Monday, July 30, 2007

Recycling for Coutch Potatoes


Not much time to write lately. It seems work and school take up much of my mental ability leaving little time for intellectualizing of my own devise. However, the lazy, hot summer days threaten to pull me into their allure soon. In the meantime I have found some interesting things I wanted to share with anyone who may be interested.

I purchased a new TV some time ago after an accident which left my old TV broken and useless. Unsure of what to do and car less I had little choice (or so I thought) but to dump it into the dumpster and hope for the best. All the while I knew my actions were not only hazardous to the environment but counter to my own values. Recently, and ironically, my daily tip from ideal bite focused on recycling televisions. I have incorporated some links that may be of interest for recyclers:


Link


* The Freecycle Network™ is made up of many individual groups across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns.


Link

* Craiglist is an online community offering goods and services for sale and trade as well as listing local job openings, housing sales and rentals and wanted ads.


Link

* enter your zip code to find nearby TV recycling facilities.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You've been tagged! There's a meme going around, and if you want to play, go to our class blog to get the instructions!

:0)
M